V-Day Rituals for Singles
If it appears that your soulmate will be a tad late for this year’s Valentine’s Day, I
would suggest you create a fun and out-of-the-box way to enjoy it. Here are a few ideas:
1) I once went to great singles party where each invitee had to bring their favorite (still single and still on good terms) ex-lover. We then shared with the group what we loved most about them and attempted to fix each other up. It was a lot of fun.
2) Create a pot-luck dinner in your home for some of your single friends and share all the things you are grateful in your life right now. The take turns appreciating each other.
3) In Morelia, Mexico, at the San Miguelito restaurant, they feature a room with more than 700 images and statues of St. Anthony of Padua, all upside down. For decades single women have come to this room to pray to St. Anthony to intercede for them and send them their destined soulmate.
There is a notebook below the statue where you write out your specific soulmate wish list. There are bags with coins and the women are told to take 13 coins and line them up at the base of the main statue and then walk around the statue 13 times repeating this prayer:
Oh Wonderful St. Anthony, glorious on account of the fame of thy miracles, and through the condescension of Jesus in coming in the form of a little child to rest in thy arms, obtain for me of his bounty the grace which I ardently desire from the depths of my heart. Thou who was so loving towards miserable sinners, regard not the unworthiness of those who pray to thee, but the glory of God that it may be once again magnified by this request which I now make to you. Amen
If you aren’t planning to be in Morelia anytime soon, here’s another possible way to ask St. Anthony of Padua for his assistance: Buy a small statue of Saint Anthony. Remove Baby Jesus from his arms and tell the saint you won’t return the baby unless you manifest your soulmate. You can reinforce your position, by keeping Anthony upside down, so he will understand you are very serious.
1. Write the names of possible candidates on separate pieces of paper.
2. Leave one piece blank.
3. Fold all of them and put them in a dish full of water before you go to bed.
4. Leave the dish outside (if you can).
5. The paper that will be fully open in the morning will show the name of your future husband. In case the blank paper is open then still don’t know your future husband.
However you decide to celebrate Valentine’s Day (or not), know that the lid to your pot in out there….looking for you!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!