By now you already know that last week George Clooney, notorious bachelor, married Lebanese beauty Amal Alamuddin in Venice. After a long list of actresses, dancers, and waitresses, George has finally found the love of his life.
So why her? I’ve heard that she said “no” to him the first three times he asked her out. And I am guessing that dating an American actor was not on her wish list, but clearly charming George won her over.
From my outsider perspective it looks like they are a great match: both are seriously attractive, successful, and maybe most importantly, they are invested in serving global and humanitarian issues.
Here’s is a short list of some of Amal attributes:
- She’s a famous British human rights lawyer…who is regarded as one of the world’s leading counsels on Middle Eastern affairs.
- She’s represented some of the biggest names on the international stage…Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. Former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko. And the King of Bahrain.
- She served as counsel to the United Nations on the use of drone …and as UN Special Envoy Kofi Annan’s advisor on Syria.
- She’s a published author…Having written numerous articles on international criminal law, Alamuddin has also edited The Law and Practice of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon.
- She’s also tri-lingual…Speaking English, Arabic and fluent French.
There is an old saying that “water seeks it’s own level” and that is often evident in relationships…you find people of similar education, income and attractiveness come together. In this case I think it’s just a tiny bit skewed…I think George married UP!
Wishing you love, laughter & magical kisses,