I don’t know about you but lately it seems that everyone I know is totally stressed out – not just from their own lives but from the “frequency in the field.”
From the racial tensions and the horrific killing of African American men, women and children, to Covid-19 and the global pandemic, along with the economy and money worries, most of us are stressed to the max.
Even if you are safe, and your life is peachy right now, chances are you are picking up on the energies of those around you.
It’s almost unavoidable.
This is why I am such a big advocate for all of us to become daily “pleasure puppies” and find ways each day to consciously choose to reduce our stress levels and add more pleasure.
For women, this means doing things that build oxytocin (the cuddling/bonding hormone) and for men this means ways to build testosterone. The more you have of these hormones, the better you can handle stress.
I’ve been doing more research and here are some new ways to do both:
To rebuild oxytocin, ladies try this:
- Tell someone you love them.
- Share a meal.
- Pray and/or meditate
- Volunteer and donate to charity.
- Be creative – paint, color, knit, throw pots, whatever sparks creativity in you.
- Cuddle your pets.
- Get and give 8 hugs a day.
- Dancing, listening to music or making music.
- Indulging in your favorite guilty pleasure – a delicious piece of chocolate or freshly baked bread, whatever makes you drool.
Men, to rebuild testosterone try this:
- Exercise, especially weightlifting, and high intensity interval training.
- Chop wood!
- Play or watch your favorite sport on TV.
Do the Power Pose: Stand with legs shoulder width a part. Put your hands into fists on your waist (Like Superman), tilt your chin up and look at the ceiling and for two solid minutes shout out empowering phrases such as: I am strong, I am courageous, I am powerful, I am energized, I am on purpose, etc.
And one activity that builds both oxytocin and testosterone is to have sex with someone you love!
Learning to manage our stress levels is critical to keeping our immune system strong and healthy, so become a pleasure puppy and consciously do one thing every day that will build your oxytocin or testosterone levels.
Wishing you love, laughter and magical kisses,