Navigating Chaos with Grace & Ease
My dear friend, the wise and beautiful Rev. Cynthia James, sent out a blog the other day filled with important and potent advice on dealing with the times we are in.
She has graciously given me permission to share this with you:
These last few months have been quite a ride. A pandemic, social unrest, and political upsets have created upset, division and emotional disturbance. It has been hard to keep up day to day with all of the changes.
I, personally, have had to find more ways to become clear, stay focused and stay still within myself. Quite frankly, I have had to learn how to navigate the chaos of these times.
Let me share what I mean by first beginning with definitions.
To Navigate: to move on, over, or through (water, air, or land) in a ship or aircraft; to manage or direct a course.
The word chaos derives from a Greek word meaning “chasm” or “void,” which makes sense, given that chaos also refers to the formless state of matter before the cosmos was created. It also means a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order. any confused, or disorderly mass.
Many of my clients, worldwide, describe their current life situation as chaotic. People are working virtually. Homes are now combinations of workplace, home schooling, parenting, and family life.
People are experiencing depression from having no time or space for themselves. Children are going “stir-crazy” and young people are becoming rebellious. They simply want to get out, be with friends and connect. Single people are desperate to date and commune. Families are suffering from lack of in-person connection.
Some people call this the “nervous” factor. This means that people no longer have the luxury of a leisurely approach to life and/or business. Instead, chaotic conditions start their day and do not stop. Even while sleeping, people feel anxious and disturbed.
We are in a time of great transition. In childbirth, transition is the last phase and the most difficult phase of labor. Contractions intensify. It can be so powerful that some women begin to doubt their ability to birth the baby naturally and start requesting medications. Irritability and upset can also increase. Every woman has been told about this phase but when it is occurring, managing the pain and energy becomes hard.
I think humanity is experiencing the same thing. Everything is intensifying and many of us doubt our ability to navigate these uncharted waters. We know life changes. We know that we cannot predict the future. We also know that human beings don’t always deal with change easily. Even though we consciously know that… we have become anxious, intolerant, impatient, and even cranky.
So, what is the answer? How do we manage these times? I want to give you some tools.
Tools To Manage Chaos
- Get in touch with your INNER ADVISOR/INTUITIVE NATURE. Use the pathway of the body to lead you to your sanctuary. Simple meditation or breathing techniques can support.
- Find PEOPLE that are willing to hold you in love, and to support only the highest vision for your life. You do not want naysayers. You want people that have strong faith and can stand with you through trying times.
- Activate FAITH and AFFIRM the Truth of your life through the spoken word (i.e., I live in a safe Universe or No matter how I feel, in this moment, I am okay.) These simple statements can create powerful shifts.
- Invite LOVE in (even virtually) -. Texts, zoom, emails, and phone calls make a difference.
- Tell the TRUTH about your fears, doubts and challenges. You cannot run; they will chase you. Sometimes you have to think about or write your feelings before expressing them. However, you do it is fine. Just do it! You do not want to carry that energy in your body. Get a counselor, coach or therapist if needed.
- RELEASE rage and anger. – Writing or journaling is a powerful tool. James W. Pennebaker, author and professor, did a lot of research on the power to heal through writing. Studies show that when individuals write about emotional experiences, significant physical and mental health improvements follow.
- OBSERVE your resistance. This energy is a messenger. PAUSE. What are you afraid of? What dream or person are you running from? What do you need to move into a more powerful way of being? What support what really support you in this moment?
- Practice FORGIVENESS of your thoughts, feelings and projections. Holding on to people and events does not support you. Take some time to release the judgements of yourself and others. Then, claim and proclaim what you desire.
- FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF (acknowledge and embrace where you are on the path and your wins). Do loving things to and for yourself daily. You matter.
- MOVE YOUR BODY. Ask it what it needs. Move, run, swim, walk, bike, or hike. Movement is medicine and will support you releasing unwanted energy.
I have found her advice to be very useful and if you would like even more from her, Cynthia is offering all of you 30 days of free access to her Possibility Portal for women.
Wishing you love, laughter and magical kisses,
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!