Just like the Law of Gravity is always working, whether you are aware of it or not, so the Law of Attraction is always working, bringing to you that which you focus on. Our monkey minds often try to scare us with thoughts about “what if” and “I never” and all kinds of junk. It’s up to us to be aware of these negative thoughts and then do something about them. Mindfulness Guru Barb Schmidt offers some very easy and practical tips below:
Use a positive affirmation to interrupt negative thoughts. “I trust the process of life.” “All is well.” “Everything is working out for my greatest good.”
- One simple technique is repeating a positive affirmation in your head throughout the day.
- We have on average 50,000 thoughts a day, and more than half of those are negative.
- A positive and a negative thought cannot exist at the same time.
- Choose a positive affirmation to replace negative thoughts.
- Choose a phrase that feels right for you.
- The most important thing is to settle on one word or phrase, and use it consistently every day.
- Repeat this word or phrase often, not just when you are stressed. When you are waiting in line, when stuck in traffic, when you are in the shower, etc.
- Interrupts the stream of habitual, negative thoughts.
- Creates a new pattern of positivity.
Briefly reflect on your day before you fall asleep. What went well today? What can you let go of? What are three things you are grateful for?
- Reflecting on your day before you fall asleep is so important because so many of us have trouble falling asleep or sleeping soundly.
- Our minds are still going full speed and have trouble letting go of everything that happened during the day so that we can have a restful sleep.
- Before bed take a few minutes to recap the events of the day. Note a few things that you are grateful for. One of them can be that you are alive and breathing.
- Note what went well and what didn’t go well. Then let it go. Tell yourself that tomorrow is a new day.
Barb Schmidt is the author of the internationally best-selling book on mindfulness The Practice. She is a meditation teacher based out of Boca Raton. To find out more about being mindful, go to Barb’s website peacefulmindpeacefullife.org
Wishing you love, laughter and magical kisses,