Today is the Winter Solstice – the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year. Celebrated by cultures across the globe for more than 6,000 years, it signifies the return of light and with it, life.
This is a powerful day to take advantage of the cosmic energies so that you can clear the past and set a strong intention for the future.
Here are four suggestions to make it happen:
1. If 2015 was a particularly difficult year
- Letting go of the past clears the way and the space for a brighter future. Take some time to reflect on the hardest moments and situations of the past year and then write down everything negative that happened. Light a fire in your fireplace, your barbecue, or someplace outside.
- Say a prayer of gratitude over this list, thanking the Universe for all of the lessons you received (however difficult) and then say: “Goodbye 2015. I let you go. I set you free and I set myself free.”
- Burn the paper while visualizing your troubles disappearing in the smoke and setting you free.
2. Create a fabulous 2016
- On one side of a piece of paper write down your dreams for the New Year. On the other side of the paper, write everything you are committed to doing to making your dream come true. Then commit to doing one item on this list every week until you have manifested the new dream.
- Enroll a good friend to be your accountability buddy and to make sure you stick to your commitments.
- From whom or what did you receive spiritual nourishment this year? Take a few minutes to sit down and write them a thank you note with a message of gratitude and enclose a generous check.
4. The healing power of water
- Light some candles and draw yourself a soothing bath. Add your favorite essential oils or bath salts. Turn on some music and allow yourself at least 20 minutes of healing relaxation.
- Put a smile on your face and visualize all the good that you would like to see happen in the coming year.
Wishing you love, laughter and Magical kisses,